Saturday, August 31, 2013

Welcome to Dashy's World

This blog is about a brave Shih Tzu who has the spirit of big dogs and never says "no" to a long hike in the mountains; who bravely went trough many medical interventions to overcome several ocular disorders; who is always seeking for shadows and cooler places to rest; who never eats too much even if the menu includes generous portions of meat; and, above all, who makes his masters the happiest masters in the world!

When I first saw Dashy in a local breeder, it was love at first sight. He was 4 months old, cute, fluffy, and very calm. I love him so much that I like to think that it took him 4 months to find a master because we were meant to be together =) 

Here is a picture of him at the age of 2, in our balcony in Grenoble, in the French Alps. 


Being a Shih Tzu, Dashy has also given us difficult moments dealing with the many medical conditions related to the breed such as: Corneal ulcers due to Ectopic Cilia and Distichiasis; Cornea degeneration; breathing problems; regular vomiting; and others.

After seeing myself spending countless hours on the Internet searching for all sorts of information to help me taking good care of him, I've decided to write this blog to share my experiences with other dog owners. In the next posts, you will find information about health, nutrition, behavior, and different products that I've came across and decided to try. Welcome!

Dashy's  characteristics

Year of birth: 2010
Genre: male
Weight: 8kg
Size: 26cm
Color: Dark/Light Brown (In French: "Fauve Charbonnée". I just love it!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment